Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kellogg's Rice Krispies® Treat

Westerns make their own rice krispies at home! Isn't that wonderful and that just gave me some new projects once I'm back in KL. haha. Do you still remember this snack long time ago in Malaysia? I grew up with this snack man, so I will never gonna forget it. I still remember last couple of month I questioned my sister about this treats. I wonder where those stocks in Malaysia because the markets just stop selling those and I really want them back into my pocket.
When I was in primary school, it's like a force that made my hand to keep few packets in my school bag and have them as my snacks during break. The advertisements on busses really stuck permenatly in my head. REMEMBER: the krispies treat is being pulled away with the yummy-looked sticky thing? Haha. Wooooow irresistible. Unfortunately now I have to make my own instead of buy-and-eat haha
Anyway, this is how you can make your own rice krispies treat, try this because I'm telling you, YOU'LL LOVE IT! haha

What you need:
3 tablespoon of butter
10 oz. of marshmallow/4 cups of miniature marshmallow
6 cups of Kellogg's Rice Kriespies Cereal

How to prepare:
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.

2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.




3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray or mold any shapes that you want while it's warm

4. Cool

5. Pooooooffffff... this is what you gonna have hahah (with good packing and authorization from Kellogg)


Have fun with it and so long :)

Links: http://www.ricekrispies.com/products/rice-krispies-treats-original.aspx

5 comments:

  1. iffah, kite suka gile mende nie. dulu kecik2 salu makan. da besar tak tahu nak beli mana. (T_T)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kan3? kt pon suka benda ni cam aper... tp skrang macam dah takde jual langsung kan... nak buat blk KL ni,... hahhha datang la rumah leh makan sama2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I love this snack too and would really want to make it myself, since they do not sell it anymore..=(..
    However, could you tell me which kind of marshmallow to buy?? Because i tried to make it once with normal marshmallow, but the marshmallow ended getting burnt before it even melt...><!!
    Hope you would answer me!! Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I replied, sorry for being so late. Ok, you can either hot your pan and cook those marshmallow of the fire or you can melt it in the microwave. I've tried once, I melt it directly on the fire I dont use pan, is like barbequing and it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey where i can get this rice krispies treats kellogs in kuala lumpur especially in bukit bintang ?

    ReplyDelete

feel free to drop few words! Thank you