Thursday, October 28, 2010

Y Generation

Today I learnt a great lesson, am I really a Y generation? I'm kinda proud of myself and how my parents had put their hard efforts in teaching me to be a good human being and that makes me think that I'm a bit off-fashion from this transformation. Y generation is also known as the Boomerang generation or Peter Pan Generation, because of the members' perceived penchant for delaying some rites of passage into adulthood, longer periods than most generations before them. These labels were also a reference to a trend toward members living with their parents for longer than previous generation (Shaputis Kathleen).

That is so true. It was totally proven when I saw my so called new generation being totally rude to the lecturers. Who to be blamed? The new generations or their parents (baby boomers)? Were they being brought up in a wrong way? What about the parents being strict and a bit control their kids life? Is it because of the food or the actually mindset that this new generation have? 

Yeah, I was being brought up by baby boomers and I'm the Y-gen but I'm totally thankful that my parents taught me to be a good girl and respect others regardless their ages. Eventhough they kinda control my social life but after all I felt that was the best decision they've made for me. Ok, what was happen this morning in my class was, during the lecture, most of the students left their seats just to get a piece of an evaluation form. It happen in spurt. All I remembered when my lecturer was talking in front those great juniors walking to the entrance chasing out a master student to get the form. Hell-O the lecturer is in front talking people! When the lecturer asked what is happening? those students in the front row didn't explain to him. Anyway, those forms are only for those who came earlier. It's a bonus marks for us but this 'TOO CLEVER' master student distributed those in the class. She's a moron and because of that I really felt sorry for my lecturer. And I swear to God, I will never ever gonna be a lecturer. If I was the one talking in front, I bet I'll get tempered and leave the hall. Those juniors should really fell sorry about their bad attitude and behavior. 

So are you proud to be the Y generation? I don't, cause I can't imagine how these kind of people will manage an organization or a country and I am ashamed with what happened this morning. So I am a Y generation but with an old-fashioned and out-dated mind. So long :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to drop few words! Thank you