Saturday, October 23, 2010

I hate my own smell


I have this classmate, frankly, this post is not to talk about how bad he smells and not to be bias on other international students in UTP. Read till the end and you'll understand. This classmate of mine is from a dry country I guess where it is hot but rarely sweat MAYBE. So because of that, he didn't use any deodorant every morning, any perfume and even take his morning bath. Oh ho, Malaysia is different. Here, it's really humid sweating is like our best friend. So in getting rid of those bad bacteria from attacking our bodies, we have shower twice everyday (minimum). Technically, one in the early morning after up from bed and the second time will be in the evening or before off to bed.

So this classmate normally caused the whole class a lung cancer. We hardly can breath deep whenever he sits in the front row of the class. As a human, I know it is a bad thing to avoid him and run away from him but as a human to, we hardly can't breath and does he care about that? We felt bad everytime  we mocked him but why didn't he try to make a better study-environment for us? At one time, most of my other classmates thought of giving his a year stock of deodorants, shower foams and perfumes just to hold these balance of months in UTP. I'm really sorry for him but he should try to to do something about it. Just one quick question, how can we advice these kind of people in a proper and polite way about their bad smells?

Ok, that's only a warm up exercise of my post (it is a good start before talking about my new smell). When I woke up from my so called 'nap' this afternoon, I smelled my hand and euwwwww! ;( After spending around 13 hours in the lab, I think I can't stand the smell of my own hand. OH NO! It smells really bad and I keep sneezing everytime I smells it. Urm this smell came from the cement powder with grease and steel (experiment - mix them all together, please try this at home :P hehe). Ok I really hate this smell and my hands are rough now. I tried to wash it everytime I'm back from the lab but it didn't works. I tried to soap it like more than 5 times but the smell is still there. Argh... this is really torturing me! I've tried to put some lotion of my hand but it still feels like a wood, hardly to bend and grasp.



In the lab, I did put on the glove but holding grease using latex are too uncomfortable and it slows down my works in the lab. So during tools cleaning I intend to take off those glove and us my bare hand. I know I can't because my skin is too sensitive with soaps and detergent but how on earth am I surviving if I pamper myself from doing those harsh job. After all, I'm a Petroleum Engineer I can't run far from those dirt. Haha hopefully after few more wash, those smells will go off :)

So long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to drop few words! Thank you