Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I farted

Yeah3... I farted in the chancellor hall this evening when the speaker told that final year students will have to extend for another semester which means I'll be graduating in Sept 2011 instead of May 2011. This is to comply the new regulation and system made by the government and the university management. WHAT IS THIS? Isn't this is a free world that allows one to do anything that he/she desired for? Ok, I'm not angry but I can't believe that this blind decision was made without thinking about the circumstances to us. I'm totally on their side for the new system but telling us, the final year to extend another semester is so irrational and ridiculous.

Most of my friends from other universities are doing their final semester and even some of them are out in the market for job but me still locked here in the ground of Tronoh, Perak. Urgh! Don't they think that by extending that unnecessary semester is like asking us to postpone our working life where we gonna have our own money and leave all these books behind? To be honest, these 7 semesters have equip me with an adequate knowledge and preparation to be part of the oil and gas family. Why should I wait any longer to be in the real world as a professional engineer?

Moreover, we had all the subjects covered and by the end of next semester, there'll be no more required subjects to be taken. Then why do we need that 1 semester after all? Is the management expecting us to be in the campus for only 1 EXTRA credit hour? What kind of mind do they have. What about our scholars? The extend semester can at least cost another RM 10000 into our debt with an extra bonded year. Man, I totally disagree with that. They should just allow us to graduate in May 2011. If they need someone to justify on this I'll take the challenge and I bet even the lecturers won't agree with the extension semester.

SAY NO TO EXTENSION SEMESTER! MAY 2011 IT WILL BE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to drop few words! Thank you