Thursday, May 17, 2012

I am an Idiot

Reading a post by Nick Hodge on "People are idiots. Don't be one" makes me see myself as an idiot. Haha not in a bad way but some how we're. Oh, sorry you want to read the article? yeah it's here :p


At a point, Nick was right! I can't deny how lazy and ashamed we are when we can't think small efforts can make a great impact to us. We are too busy buying gadgets, items that we don't really need. I can say that is one damn excellent example of an idiot person. I am one. I can't deny that.

Been seen an unposmarked stamp before several times but I only peel once. And that's it. Hoping that posting is no longer up to the current. But eventually a couple months ago, when I plan to post a postcard to my family in Kuala Lumpur, I wished that I have those peeled stamps in hand. Until now, I still have the postcard.

Every weekend, when we go out for groceries, we don't have the guts to bring our own plastic bags. I would say this is one of the bad habits that we have in Malaysia. We prefer to spend 20 cents for each bags just because of our laziness that eventually mark us as an idiot. I've seen many good example by Western people when most of them shop with their own groceries bag even they are in a big mall. I overheard once in the Great Eastern mall, Jalan Ampang, a lady complaint that there are no plastic bag on Saturday. She mocked the government for making that policy. Her reason was easy "How can I bring bags in hand when I'm in a mall?" Maybe she's scared that she's going to lose her dignity and standard for bringing cheap bags in hand.

We still yet has the odesity to ask for free stuffs when we actually can save. Nothing is free! you even have to pay for the toilet in KLCC. I still remember I was talking with a friend in my office, I said I want to buy a house with a backyard. He asked why and I told him that I want to spend time with the family have coffee in my own garden. He looked at me 'You want to plant flowers or vegetables?'. That shocked me. How can I answer that? I was only planning to have a garden not a plantation farm. I dont want to make fun of him. I said maybe flowers. He responsed "You can't eat flowers. Why dont you grown your own vegetables?". What the heck? A guy telling me to do farming? That was hilarious but when I think back, he's brilliant. At least having my own vegetable in my yard, I can assure that those are free from toxic and clean, right?

Likewise, we can change the lifestyle and our mentality by making a change. It's not about an individual it's about us the nation. Let's make it right together!

-_-

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to drop few words! Thank you