Monday, September 27, 2010

WAS IT A MISTAKE?

I just had my Petroleum economics class and my lecturer triggered the whole class with  this chain of questions.  
Note: These dialogs have been rephrase

Mr E: 5 years ago, if you didn’t accept to be here in UTP what will you be doing now?

No one responded and then he follows with the next question

Mr E: Which is better, to further your study or get a scholarship and pursuit in UTP after your SPM?

Once he done, the class starts to buzz around as if there’s a group of bees flying in the room. Mr E didn’t give up, he continues

Mr E: I know it’s too late for you to make decision caused you made one. But how hard you study to get a good result, a student with 3.9 CGPA will get the same beginning salary as 2.9 students if they were to be offered in the same company.

My goodness, what is he trying to tell us? Everyone starts to do silly faces with few responded to his question. When I looked back there’s a point and truth there with his opinion. He looked at us as smirked,

Mr E: If you chose the ‘working’ road last 5 years you people will have your own money and you might already be in the supervisor position if you are a hardworking like you’re now here. But what happen now, once you graduate, you have a 100 thousands burden on you.

The way he delivered that was like he’s trying to tell us that ‘Can't you see, you made a very big mistake!’. Urgh, I can’t say that I totally disagree with him. At a certain point, I think he’s right in terms of the chasing good results attitude. Yet, the salary offered will be the same as the others. Then what’s the point of getting good result?

Sorry if my opinion is wrong. I’m not trying to stir the pot or rock the boat but I think the only thing that can boost back the spirit of study is that the employers will call those with good result first to the interview. I’m not saying the average students will not getting any offers but it still depends on the luck and rizq of a person. As what Bill Gates says

credited: Hani


So the moral message from this is “Work our best to get the best. We don’t have to be the best student but all He wants is for us to try our best hard to get His bless”

So long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to drop few words! Thank you