Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hari Raya ('',)!

Salam Aidilfitri to all!

It's Pagi Raya! All the males are busy getting themselves prepared for the Raya prayer in the mosque while the ladies are in the kitchen preparing the breakfast for their husbands and kids. Me? in a mild dilemma as my mom just asked me to accompany her to the mosque but I haven't had my sunat Raya shower yet. Urm, Ibu kita buat kat rumah je tak blh ker? let the males go to the mosque then you lead the congress here. haha like you used to do it back in 2008.

Ok2, the mosque just started the takbir and I'm still here on this white huge couch typing this post. I think this is my third attempts in writing something about Raya but I just kept on canceling the posts. Man, I just don't know what I want to share with other people about my Raya. As usual celebrating Raya in Johor is something that my family adores. We drove back from KL after the announcement by the Penyimpan Mohor-mohor Besar Diraja on the date on Hari Raya. We left KL at about 11 pm and Alhamdulillah the journey was smooth and we safety reached JB at about 2.30 am. We had our last sahur of this year's Ramadhan here and it was a tough and challenging day we had yesterday as it was the last day of puasa. Hihi

So, at 9.30 pm yesterday, Ebak had the lead on the tahlil and takbir here. It is the tradition in the family to gather on the Raya Eve and bermaafan instead of having it on the Raya morning. This is to give chances for those who are married to spend the first day of Raya with the other side of the family. But for me, unfortunately, this is the only kampung that I have and we have been like this every single year. It's not that I don't have any families on my Mom's side but they're just too busy with their own families and most of them are in KL. We'll visit them normally after we are back in KL

Raya pertama is normally a dull day for me as we are going to had few photograph session and watch the drama scheduled on the TV programs. Haha. I just think that this is because my late Grandma was the eldest and that is why we had quite number of visitors on those days but now since she's gone then a different and new system of visiting will happen. haha technical explanation isn't it? hikhik

This year, my family has a jumble colors of clothes. Ebak wears metallic red, Ibu in green, Kak Nurul in red, me in orange, Jaja in white and Hafidz in blue. see, rainbow! haha. I missed my grandma. the prayer just started. Ok2. so before i left this posting site, I am so thrilled that there is still Raya for me and I really hope that this culture of balik kampung will remains and lasting. Again I would like to wish every single muslim 'SELAMAT HARI RAYA EIDULFITRI'. Sorry for any bad deeds and words that I did for the past years! :)


simple card for all! :)

 Salam from me and family,
Garib Tom, Rohina, Shamsiyati, Nurulhuda, Iffah Garib, Izzah, Hafidz, Taufiq Zakir and Aniq Taufiq

So long for now~ weeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to drop few words! Thank you