Monday, September 27, 2010

My American friend

This post is dedicated specially to her. She's a friend of mine from a different side of the world. When I look back, they aren't that bad as we thought. For me, the westerns are more open minded and honest in their words. I'm not trying to deny my cultures here in Malaysia but what I can say is that "it's really hard to be honest and different here". I do have beautiful friends here in UTP (I dont have to say their names, they know who they are). They're like my shoulders, knees and neck when my family weren't around to hug me. But this is nothing to do with them it's about 2 different worlds that I've gone through, university vs high school


Ok, back to my point. This American friend is really a helpful friend and it seems like she has trust in me. Thank you so much dear :) Eventhough we were connecting from far using all the technologies and electronics mediums but that doesn't kill the relationship. Actually we'll be finishing our studies together in May/June 2011 and she'll be joining the industry sooner than me as she already got an offer in the States. Really happy for her!


Ok, to be honest, this morning I was really frustrated with one of my high school senior. Look, he's a Malay (same race as mine) but he was arrogantly blocked me from his facebook. That was actually the second time he did that. why can't he reject the friend request in a polite way to avoid any bad impressions (he didn't do that to my other friends). It's not like he doesn't know me. He used to teach me in our engineering drawing class and now he's declaring a war with me. Whatever Major Loser! I'm really pissed off with him. I'm telling you man, One day I really wanna show you I can earned better than you, live happier and be more successful in my career that you do!



That makes me feel really bad and emotional till I started to compare my high school friends with her. Back in 2001-2005 I wasn't the person I'm being now. I used to be more conservative and feel low about myself. It was my fault but can't eliminate the environment and the atmosphere there that made me to be the person I was. In SAB, if you have a low mind yet good physical figures, people will adore and worship you like hell. That evolved low-esteem in me. Once, I felt like turning back the time and be 15 again to change my pasts and make those people in the school realize my existence so that I can have bunches of friends and they'll always remember me even when I'm gone.


But today an American changed that, I felt that why should I look at the pasts. Let them flew away and never turn back to catch them. Future is what I have to focus on now. After all, those  high school bad reputations and impressions made me a stronger and tougher person in going through the college life. I made a better person in me now and I'm very happy with myself regardless what others would say about me.


Thanks friend for that wake-up alarm!



So long :)

2 comments:

  1. As long as, he/she doesn't give any big impact in your life, if he/she does not exists in this world,that's fine iffah.

    awak boleh stat abaikan je kewujudan org tuh dalam dunia nie. macam apa yg kte buat sekarang. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. true... org macam ni hidup dalam dunia dier je... dier nak tak kluar dari comfort zone... they are scared to try something different and life in a real world... haha THX :)

    ReplyDelete

feel free to drop few words! Thank you