Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Copycat? Ciplak?

Heard the new song 'Malaysian Boy' by Altimet and his friends
Production for the 'Suara Kami' punya event
Kat Astro la kawan?
Heard that? kalau tak pernah, here it is.
Try listen to it note by note, bit by bit, code by code (waaaaaaahhhhhhhhh hahaha)


ok, sounds familiar?
A couple weeks ago, the first time I heard the song
I was in the kitchen and at the chorus part especially
I was so messed up
"What? Malaysian boy?"
Eh, American Boy la. hahha
How naive I can be sometimes

Nah, listen to the original song by Kenya West 


What do you guys think?
copy? or nafas baru (melayu cakap la)?
Personally I don't think Altimet should be this innocent to copy others
He has been a great song writer
It's too insane for him to actually 'improvise' others work

To be honest, Suara Kami ni apa?
Heard of it several times
but I never get the time to know about it wahahaha teruknya
Urm, I can see the 1Malaysia in the Malaysian Boy song
but i hate to say this, it sounded better as American Boy
Patriotic in a different way
kalau nak nyanyi, buat lagu Malaysian Boy yang betul2
compose new song, draw a better lines and codes
then it will be better.

 But what can I say,
P Ramlee's songs pon ramai dah copy
Ahmad Dhani, again Altimet
wahahha nafas baru, nafas baru.. (sarcastic look)

BYE!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. kite tak suke tgk bnde ni. hari tu nmpak kt astro rasa cm dah pelik, asal cam familiar lagu nih.

    ReplyDelete

feel free to drop few words! Thank you