Sunday, March 13, 2011

Life in Jogja (Part 1)

What can I say, I had a damn good time in Yogyakarta, Indonesia a couple days ago. Man, wish could turn back the time and enjoy every single tick of the time there. 5 of us left Malaysia on Sunday and hit the land of djogja around 12.50 am (Indonesian time) it's the first time for us to be in the Republic of Indonesia. We were greeted by 4 marvelous men (Afif, Ali, Avi and Reza) who I would say spent their time for us throughout the trip. I can't describe how excited and thankful I am when I was called up to join the competition even it was like a week before the trip but after all those repaid and worth it.

DAY 1
We had our lunch together at a traditional restaurant and I had this 'ketupat tahu' and I can't remember my drink.. hahah ok, the food was great it feels like eating in Malaysia but the drink was really something different, it's full with herb, it tasted sweet but at the same time spicy. haha but at least I had the experience tasting some original drinks from Indonesia.

hungry faces
Then, we headed back to the hotel, I love the cozy and comfort of the LPP hotel. I had a good 'nap' there oh yeah did I tell you that the time in Jogja runs slower? haha so I actually missed the chance to try the bechak that evening. Takpe2 I still have more time to go there :P I hardly say that I felt nervous that night because I just couldn't read anything. Nothing goes into my mind. Haha so those boys said 'the girls like to sleep' hahah ok I admit that

DAY 2
It's the official day of OGIP 2011 and we checked-in to another hotel with a better design and structure. The rooms are bigger and it was a great idea to mix the participants from different universities. A big applause to the committees. Even we had to waited a couple hours but at least that was the moment we get to know our LOs (Liaison Officers) better.


TO BE CONTINUE....

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to drop few words! Thank you