Friday, July 12, 2013

Ramadhan ya Ramadhan

Have you ever been in a situation when you don't know what to do and you practically have nothing to do? - Oh yeaaahhh I hate this feeling like seriously it's impossible to have nothing that can be done. I'm trying to save my energy in case I'm gonna be called out on a job today evening. How I wish i can just go back home now and wait for the call.

Standby mode is so boring and full with suspense. You know you gonna get a call soon but you don't know how soon. do you get it? - hope you do. hahah been here in the office since morning and till know I have no freaking things that I want to do except to get to know when I will be need at the location. Plus, it's Ramadhan and I wish I can have my nights for my Tarawikh but anyhow, working is still an i'badah isn't it? So should I feel wasted?

Talking about Ramadhan, this is my first very experience fasting alone. You see I have this mental problem where till now I'm yet to go to the OKC Islamic Center meeting friends and other Muslims here in Oklahoma City. No, no because I'm too lazy or trying to avoid the community but I just don't find the time and I don't want to spend my time in the mosque and get a phone call 'Iffah, location now in Kansas 4 hours driving'.

Hello!!! I don't want to live like that and like this. I want to cherish my lifetime and enjoy every tick of the time here but unfortunately it's not what I have at the moment. You see - my mom told me 'It's good you/re alone there, at least less gossips and less sins' hahahah ibu ibu ibu *am I getting old by saying a word 3 times in a row? - hope not :p*

Anyway, Ramadhan Ramadhan Ramadhan *oops, again????* I miss my Ramadhan with my family ;(
How I wish I can be back in Malaysia just for a night and enjoy my Ramadhan with them. monologue; Don't worry Iffah, you'll have you time insyaAllah next year and the year coming. I'm gonna miss the feel of unite between the Muslims and Non-Muslims during the fast-breaking.


Not original from me - courtesy from some other source :)
 
 
Back in Malaysia, we just have to wait for the authority to announce when is the first day of Ramadhan but it is so different from here in the State. Have to understand living in a Non-Muslim country would have make it a lot more difficult but still accessible. Different mosques will have different dates normally it's just the a day different, not a big deal if you're confident and yakin in heart.
 
For me, I used Islamic Finder site as my references and technically, I follow the Malaysia time. So last Tuesday was my first day of Ramadhan. Anywho (not an English word nor Malay) I had my first day of fasting on location. Wasn't that hard because everyone knows when you're on location, you barely have time to think about food at least till your job is done. I know I may get dehydrated if I'm too long under the sun and all I can do is put all the hopes to Allah - enough with His help I should make it through this month of forgiveness.
 
So peeps, I would like to wish everyone, Happy Ramadhan and may we be rained by Allah's bless and Jannah as the rewards. InsyaAllah
 
P/S: Please forgive me if I've done wrongs in my writing or my deeds :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to drop few words! Thank you